Pistachio Stardust Cake from Purple Oven

Sunday, July 29, 2012
One of my office mate Jay, decided to buy us a dessert as a treat for his outstanding performance in the office and for getting incentives monthly. He asked me what brand of cake to buy then I suggest Purple Oven since I've been drooling to this brand ever since I've tasted their Good for the Gods. And to share a secret with you guys, Starbucks get their pastries from Purple Oven.

Purple Oven is just a few miles away from my apartment so I am familiar with the place. My two other office mates decided to buy the cake by themselves since they were worried that I'm pregnant and I can't leave the office with the complicated weather. So I just gave them directions and a map. :)

As they arrived at the office, we went directly at the pantry area to eat the cake they bought. I was a bit surprised upon opening the box, I thought it was an avocado flavor!! But viola!!! It's a Pistachio Stardust Cake and it looks so delicious! 


This one was a pistachio covered chiffon pastry. I love it because it has the lightest chiffon with an icing filling. And the most promising was its meringue base that is so delicious and it tasted like a sweet tiramisu. 

I'll definitely be back to their place and try out some other variety. And hey, this cake is perfect with a warm coffee under the rainy day season. :)

For those looking for the address:
Purple Oven
69 St. Peter St., Oranbo,
Pasig City, Philippines








0 comments:

Post a Comment